1. Available Photogrammetry Engines
Delair.ai platform integrates three industry-leading photogrammetry processing engines :
- Agisoft Metashape
- Bentley ContextCapture
These engines are built in the processing workflow and leverage the cloud-computing capacity offered by delair.ai infrastructure to produce results quickly.
2. Can I process photogrammetry out of delair.ai and load it ?
Yes. If you already own processed data you can load it, e.g. Orthomaps, DSM, Point Cloud. So that you can run delair.ai advanced analytics without having to redo a photogrammetry process.
You can also upload data such as single pictures, and skip the photogrammetry step if :
- either not required : for instance Automatic Defect Detection & Analysis, an analytic running from single images only
- or if you want to proces photogrammetry later, using delair.ai first as a safe data storage.
3. What kind of dataset can I process with each of the built-in engines ?
We recommend to select :
- Pix4D for RGB, multispectral, and thermal datasets*
- Agisoft Metashape for RGB datasets only, for 3D reconstruction
- Bentley ContextCapture for 3D reconstruction
*You can browse the supported sensors here.
4. What happens if I upload a dataset that is not compatible ?
You may need to use occasionally other categories of datasets than your usual one. The category of data is detected during the upload process. In case that you upload a data set that is not compatible with the default photogrammetry engine, the user interface will offer you to override default setting for an appropriate alternative.
5. How to create photogrammetry presets ?
According to your business, you may require only one engine on a daily basis. It is possible to define the preferred Photogrammetry Engine as a preset for the Company (with all its sites) or within a certain Site.
5.1. For an existing Site
Step 1 - Open a Site and select Show site info from the top bar drop-down menu , which results in opening the site information panel on left side :
Step 2 - Go to PHOTOGRAMMETRY PRESETS section :
Step 3 - Select options and press Create :
This results in following confirmation message :
You can update this preset anytime later.
5.2. For an entire Company
Company Managers have administration rights allowing to define the settings that will apply across all managed Sites, per Company.
Step 1 - From the left panel, press Administration icon :
Step 2 - Press Companies management button and select company in list, for which you want to adjust the photogrammetry default settings :
Step 3 - Click on Photogrammetry presets tab. Adjust settings (description given at section 6. herebelow) and then Update preset.
6. What are the different photogrammetry services and options ?
6.1 Pix4D Options
6.1.1 Execution mode : Self-service or Advanced
- Self-service option shall be used to get automated results from the engine without the assistance of a Delair production member.
- Advanced option will notify the Delair production staff and photogrammetry will be handled then delivered in the platform with their assistance and quality control.
6.1.2 Custom Settings
Selecting both Pix4D and Custom allows to set below parameters :
- Generate Light Reflectance Map : for Agriculture & Forestry projects.
- Keypoints image scale : this changes the scale of the image used to find matching features. Lower (1/2, 1/4) scales will allow projects to map faster, but with lower accuracy.
- Calibration method : this allows for the user to declare the usage of a highly accurate geolocation and orientation system (E.g. flying with RTK). Do not select this if you are unsure, as the resultant models are likely to fail.
- Point cloud image scale : This defines the scale of the images at which additional 3D points are computed. Lower (1/8, 1/4) scales produce faster, less dense clouds.
- Point cloud density : This parameter defines the density of the point cloud vs. the pixel density of the original images. The low settings produces faster, less dense clouds.
- Point cloud minimum matches : The minimum number of matches per 3D point represents the minimum number of valid re-projections of this 3D point to the images.
- DSM method : This defines the method that is used for the Raster DSM generation. The method will affect the processing time and the quality of the results.
- Orthomosaic resolution : This allows for the selection of a custom resolution in terms of GSD.
- Mesh resolution : This allows for the selection of a mesh resolution.
6.2 Agisoft Metashape Options
- Self-Service and Advanced photogrammetry options are both available as with Pix4D
- Custom Settings are currently not available with Agisoft Metashape option
6.3 Bentley ContextCapture Options
- Currently only Advanced photogrammetry option is available when selecting Bentley ContextCapture
- Custom Settings are currently not available with Bentley ContextCapture option